What was the issue?
PoSS issued an RFP for high class reliable experienced System Integrator that has established maintenance and support centers in the main Saudi cities, to Operate and Maintain its state-of-the-art Secured Satellite Communications System and associated interfacing units, and guarantee VSAT Communication Systems availability 24 x 7 for several yours.Know more about us
Who did Synoptic engage with?
PoSS team, Synoptic VSAT and Telecommunication Subject Matter Experts “SME” and Engineers along with Several VSAT Technology Leaders in the VSAT and Telecommunication field to give the required spare parts and 3rd level of support if needed.
What did Synoptic do?
PoSS awarded Synoptic (Managed Services with 24 x7 Support Services) contract to run, operate maintain, and end to end secure its VSAT Communications System, including all the required new installations for the sites equipment at the Fixed stations, Mobile stations, Flyaway stations, Portable Terminals, Terminal equipment at hub stations, equipped maintenance vehicles, Test and Measuring equipment, all the associated users equipment and peripherals equipment, interconnecting and interfacing units, as well as supplying the required spare parts (consumable and non-consumable items) and repair or replacing the faulty modules and units for 3 years.
What was the impact?
PoSS achieve their business growth goals and ambitions, as well as determining the criticality of business activities and associated resource requirements to ensure operational resilience and continuity of operations.
What barriers, challenges or points of learning did you identify?
- To run, operation and maintain the VSAT Communications System that is installed at various locations Spread across Saudi Arabia and other countries.
- This system is used for Voice, Data, Video streaming, GSM, Property mixed Applications as well as Internet applications and browsing across many scattered locations.
- End to End Security with full redundant high availability systems.
- Many Service Level Agreements “SLAs” with tough terms and conditions with different VSAT Technology Leaders have been signed to match the required scope of work.
- Traveling and Visas permission for Synoptic VSAT and Telecommunication Subject Matter Experts “SME” and Engineers along with their toolkits.
- Standby for Traveling at any time for any Special missions.
- Availability and the replacement of all consumable / non-consumable items.
- Develop and maintain the Incident and Assets management System to handle, track and document all activities and keep the track record on all the items.