What was the issue?
GID wanted to have a Tier 2-3 data center with redundant capacity of ICT infrastructure components, which is consisting of dedicated area for Computers, Networking, Storage and Security facilities along with the Operations Center for Operators;Contact us
Who did Synoptic engage with?
GID team, Synoptic Subject Matter Experts “SME”, with Several Technology Leaders, and 3rd party ICT contractors under Synoptic supervising.
What did Synoptic do?
Synoptic along with its affiliate has fulfill GID project requirements by designing, building and operate state of art full redundant solution Tier 2-3 data center that consist of dedicated area for ICT infrastructure facilities (Services, Storage Network and Security components) along with the Two Operations Centers 1- Security Operations Center (SOC) and 2- Network Operations Center (NOC) with very short time and cost effectiveness.
What was the impact?
GID achieve their business growth goals and ambitions, as well as determining the criticality of business activities and associated resource requirements to ensure operational resilience and continuity of operations during and after a business disruption.
What barriers, challenges or points of learning did you identify?
- Study and Document the existing Infrastructure
- Design Tier 2-3 Campus Data Center covering the below areas
- Floor Plans, raised floors, false ceiling
- Systemic 20 approved Cabling design
- Dual full Power redundancy
- Network Architecture residing fixing the IP address for the entire environment
- Applications Transition
- Backup Solutions
- Incidents Handling Procedures
- Security and Anti-Virus Solutions
- Physical Security and Access Control
- Policies and Procedures
- Vulnerability Management with periodically Penetration Testing Procedure
- Network Operation Center
- Security Operation Center
- Data Center Fire alarm and suppression systems, safety, applications ...and extinguishing systems in addition to thermometers, humidity, and electricity.
- Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity Solutions